So we’ve established that you’d quite like to be creative, but you’re probably not sure where to start. I like lists, so I think it’s helpful to make a list!
Start by making a list of things that you can do that might be slightly creative.
In my case, its looks a bit like this:
- I can write quite well (actually I’ve done quite a lot of writing during my career. I’ve written learning material, reports, presentations and even a short children’s book).
- I can cook. I quite like putting all the elements of a meal on the plate so that it looks appealing.
- I can work out problems. I quite enjoy problem solving, especially if it’s not my problem.
- I can tell the difference between a website that is crap and one that is well designed.
- I can play a musical instrument (not that well mind you, but it’s still going on the list).
What does your list look like?
- Ask Naive Questions to Spark Creativity (lifehacker.com)